Food For Healing 2021
It has been a devastating year for Hondurans. Many have even less income and resources due to the ravages of two hurricanes and the ever-present threat of the coronavirus. The result is that many families are struggling to meet basic food needs, and experience chronic hunger and a daily struggle for survival. Families and communities in Honduras look to CAMO for hope, and help. With your assistance, the CAMO Nutrition Program is adapting to adversity and helping individuals and families to survive, and thrive.
Ways in which your contributions to Food For Healing are making an impact:
- Providing nutritional therapies and counseling to parents and caregivers.
- Providing hundreds of hurricane victims with much needed “food survival packets”.
- Performing over 3000 nutrition consultations of malnourished individuals in 2020.
- Delivering thousands of bags of meal supplements to isolated communities in need.
- Training health professionals in nutritional assessment and treatment of malnutrition.
- Helping to implement a color-coded system for special diets in hospitals.
- Providing guidance on meeting the nutritional needs of Covid-19 patients struggling to breathe.